SeaDrone is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the U.S. however, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Full Time Senior IOS and Web Developer
SeaDrone is a fast-paced start-up developing next generation subsea robotic systems. We are seeking a Senior iOS Developer to help lead our mobile software and web development. He / She will work closely with other software engineers as part of a small software distributed team as well as engineers from other groups to design, implement, and test software solutions based on user requirements. We are looking for a candidate who is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of subsea robotics. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great mobile software and is motivated to take ownership in the creation of mobile apps.
- 6+ years of experience developing mobile applications for iOS platforms
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C and python
- Strong understanding of system architecture
- Ability to complete code with no supervision
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong architecture and design modeling
- Skilled objected-oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Experience with video streaming is a plug
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Very comfortable with unit testing and rapid release cycles
- A track record of published applications to the App Store
- Agile development experience
- Strong python and/or C++ programming skills
- Experience building production quality solutions
- Experience working with large sources of numerical data
Full Time Controls Software Engineer
SeaDrone is a new fast-paced start-up developing next generation subsea robotic systems. We are currently focused on reducing subsea infrastructure inspection costs using low cost robotic hardware and mobile software to deliver a complete underwater visual inspection service. SeaDrone is looking for a senior software engineer to play a key role in the maintaining existing code base and designing application software.
He / She will work closely with other software engineers as part of a small software distributed team as well as engineers from other groups to design, implement, and test software solutions based on user requirements. We are looking for a candidate who is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of subsea robotics.
- Experienced C++ and Python, Embedded platforms, and development in a Linux environment
- Experience with robots and controls systems in the real world.
- Experience integrating sensor data from multiple sources (camera, sonar, IMU, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Can work on complex systems and are driven to simplify them for the users & fellow developers.
- Excellent coding and testing habits. Our robots operate in the often-unpredictable real world. You take pride in delivering clearly-written and well-tested code in a timely fashion.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining and extending the software and sensor capabilities of SeaDrone’s robotic platform
- You are responsible for the software/firmware on the robot and the mobile device software that communicates with it. You will touch on many topics including image processing, control systems, embedded development, robot localization, and even the manufacturing process. People come to you for all issues pertaining to robot software and sensing.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Related Field
- Design and implementation of computer vision algorithms no required but a plus.
- Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume production
- Basic knowledge of robot kinematics and control algorithms is desired.