Part Time / Full Time Controls Engineer & Software Developer
SeaDrone is a new fast-paced start-up developing next generation subsea robotic systems. We are currently focused on reducing subsea infrastructure inspection costs using low cost robotic hardware and mobile software to deliver a complete underwater visual inspection service. SeaDrone is looking for a senior software engineer to play a key role in the maintaining existing code base and designing application software.
He / She will work closely with other software engineers as part of a small software distributed team as well as engineers from other groups to design, implement, and test software solutions based on user requirements. We are looking for a candidate who is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of subsea robotics.
- Experienced C++ and Python, Embedded platforms, and development in a Linux environment
- Experience with robots and controls systems in the real world.
- Experience integrating sensor data from multiple sources (camera, sonar, IMU, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Can work on complex systems and are driven to simplify them for the users & fellow developers.
- Excellent coding and testing habits. Our robots operate in the often-unpredictable real world. You take pride in delivering clearly-written and well-tested code in a timely fashion.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining and extending the software and sensor capabilities of SeaDrone’s robotic platform
- You are responsible for the software/firmware on the robot and the mobile device software that communicates with it. You will touch on many topics including image processing, control systems, embedded development, robot localization, and even the manufacturing process. People come to you for all issues pertaining to robot software and sensing.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Related Field
- Design and implementation of computer vision algorithms no required but a plus.
- Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume production
- Basic knowledge of robot kinematics and control algorithms is desired.